Introduction

My hope and prayer is for this little book to give kids of all ages just a taste of what’s waiting for them in the Bible. Personally, I love reading through the Old Testament more than I do the New Testament. I know the Old Testament was written to the Jews, but the Bible says it was written for our learning as well. In the Old Testament we learn about God almighty, and what he’s like. We learn what he hates, and we learn what he loves. I love to take stories in the Old Testament, and apply them spiritually to my own life. In this book I have not gone into great depths in covering the lives of the prophets, kings, and people from the Old Testament. Time has only allowed me to take just a few little golden nuggets the Lord has given me while studying their lives, and write them down. However, I do plan on adding to this book. There is so much more that I would love to write. I would also like to write a book with New Testament stories in the future.

Outside of Old Testament stories, I have thrown in a few simple devotional stories of my own. These little stories teach valuable lessons. There is so much in God’s word for us. I want kids to know that our God is a personal one, and that they can get just as much out of God’s word as an adult can. God’s word is a gold mine. And how do you get gold? Does it fall out of the sky and hit you on the head? No, I think not! You have to dig for it, right? Once you’ve found it, you take it and polish it up. Then you put it in a safe place, so you can take it out and look at it every once in a while. Or you might even make something out of it.

The nuggets that I find in God’s word, I like to take and polish them. I roll them over, and over, and over in my mind. I hide them in a safe place like my heart. That’s where I won’t lose them, and no one can steal them. You know, someone can take my Bible away, but they can’t take my nuggets out of my heart. And who knows, one day God might even make something real nice out of those nuggets.